Summer is the most awaited season in the year because you can do anything in summer! You can go to places you have been wanting to go while enjoying the fresh food and refreshing summer drinks. Do island hopping and show-off your beach body that you have been working for the last three seasons.
Summer also means SUPER HOT weather, therefore keeping hydrated and staying healthy in this season is a serious matter. Hence, here are some of the most refreshing summer drinks that you could prepare while enjoying the outdoor activities in this season.
Try these 3 refreshing summer drinks in simple and easy preparations.
Cool Cucumber Juice (healthy refreshing summer drinks)
Cucumber juice is one of the most known refreshing summer drinks. Cucumber is an ideal food for hydrating and cooling because it is made up of 95 percent water. It contains an anti-inflammatory flavanol called fisetin, polyphenols called lignans, and potassium which are good for your brain health, reduce the risk of cancer, and lower blood pressure levels.
Cucumber is good for losing weight and health digestion because it is low in calories, high in fibers, and contain numerous antioxidants like Vitamin C and Beta-Carotene.
How to make Cool Cucumber Juice:
2 medium cucumbers
About 4 glasses
1. Peel the cucumbers.
2. Chop the cucumbers into 1 inch (2.54 cm) in height, width, and depth.
3. Place the cucumber chunks into a blender but do not put everything, always leave a couple of inches between the top. Then blend the cucumber pieces on a medium speed. The mixture should be pulpy but not that smooth.
4. Use a mesh strainer and place a cheesecloth inside the strainer. Then slowly pour the blended cucumbers through the strainer. Stir and press down the puree with a spoon into the cheesecloth, continue the process until no more juice comes out.
5. Pour the cucumber juice into your glasses, put some ice cubes. Serve it chill.
Sweetened Lime-Lemon Juice
Lime and Lemon are both refreshing which cleanses and enhances our immune system. In addition, they are both excellent sources of Vitamin C, B6, potassium, folate, flavonoids, limonene, and phytochemicals that are high in anti-oxidant and anti-cancer properties. They detoxify our body with the effect of anti-biotic that protects our immune system against bacterial poisoning.
How to make Sweetened Lime-Lemon Juice:
1/2 cup sugar
4 cups water
16 ice cubes
About 2-3 glasses
1. Make the simple syrup. Combine the sugar and 3 cup of the water in a small saucepan and bring to a gentle simmer over low heat to dissolve sugar. …
2. Squeeze the lemons and limes. Roll each lemon and lime over your cutting board, pressing down as you do.
4. Crushed the ice then add.
Sparkling Orange Juice with Honey
Orange juice is one of the coolest refreshing summer drinks. Oranges can help improve immune functions as well as our over-all health since they are high in vitamin C . Honey contains flavonoids, antioxidants which help reduce the risk of cancers and heart disease.
How to make Sparkling Orange Juice with Honey:
2 tablespoons of honey *adjust to taste*
Sparkling mineral water to fill the glass
8 ice cubes
About 2 glasses
1. Juice an orange and then transfer the juice into a glass.
2. Stir in honey until it dissolves in the juice.
3. Fill the glass with sparkling mineral water.
4. Put the ice cubes.
5. Serve immediately.
These refreshing summer drinks are not just thirst-quenchers but are healthy refreshments also which revitalize your immune system and improve your physical appearance. Finally, stay fresh and young while enjoying under the sun!